Monday, April 18, 2011

Nigeria, why the run?

Nigeria, what is happening? I was startled this afternoon by people running in all directions. Nobody seems to know the cause of the run, but they sure felt they needed to run. Funny enough, I was in no mood to run with them, so I stood to actually know the root cause of the commotion. The few people who were kind enough to talk to me during the chaos, disclosed that the honestly do not know the cause, but based on hearsay, some people were preparing to cause confusion in Abuja. Not long after that, I saw police patrol vehicles and military patrol vehicles, so I had a sigh of relief.  Not quite 15 minutes after that, everybody went back to his or her business. I encountered this scenario in Kubwa, a suburb of Abuja. During the period of the said confusion, Kano, Borno, Adamawa, Bauchi and Kaduna were reported to be experiencing civil unrest.  However, the people are going about their normal business while awaiting the final pronouncement of the presidential election.

0 comments: